Tuesday 14 April 2009

Joining the English Class

By Anna Lai, student of Intermediate English Conversation
Daan Community University

I am interested in learning English. It had been more than a couple of years that I only read, wrote, and listened in English, with no speaking at all. They say: Use it or lose it. This is especially true in learning languages. So I made a decision to learn to communicate better in English.

One day, I watched the presentations at the end of the semester at Daan Community University. The performance by the Intermediate English Conversation class ("The Dumb Blond") attracted me. How perfect, I thought. I registered for it right away.

Our teacher Jennifer is a native English speaker who knows the western and Taiwan cultures well, and has run professional English services for a few years. I like her charm, intelligence, friendliness, and positive personality in the class. She always gives us more ideas about learning English the correct ways, and having a positive attitude when learning English.

I have taken the class for three terms. I have gained more confidence and my English has improved a lot through the class activities. I am no longer scared to talk with foreigners in English when I meet them. I am glad to learn English in my free time. It's brought me a new lifestyle and fun.

Join us on FRIDAY NIGHT. It is definitely a worthwhile experience!

參加英語會話班
北市大安社區大學 開平高中校區
中級英語會話Intermediate English Conversation 學員 Anna Lai

學習英語是我的興趣. 已經學了幾年英語, 但是只有讀.寫和聽,從來沒有和別人用英語交談.俗諺說:"用進廢退"尤其在學習語言上更要多用多說,所以,我決定學習如何用英語做更好的溝通.

有一天,我參觀大安社區大學學期末的成果發表會,其中一個表演是中級英語會話班的一齣"金髮尤物"的演出,吸引住我,啊,多完美的表演,當下立即註冊該課程.

我們的老師--Jennifer是個以英語為母語的人.她非常了解台灣和西方的文化,而且從事專業英語教學很多年.課堂中,我喜歡她的魅力.智慧.而且友善.積極正向的個人特質.她常提示我們正確的英語學習方法和積極學習的態度.

我已經上了三學期的英語課,透過各種學習活動,我的英語能力改善了,也更有自信了.當我遇見外國人時,不再害怕用英語跟他們溝通.我真高興,學習英語充實了我的休閒生活,更帶給我新的生活型態和樂趣.

請加入我們---在星期五的晚上---肯定值得你去體驗!

No comments: